I haven’t posted a personal post in awhile, so here is a quick little update on the life of Kinsey…
- Weddings and family sessions are winding down and I am editing away! Thank you to all of you who let me be your photographer this year! 🙂 I still have some spots before Christmas if you’re looking for snowy Christmas card photos. 🙂
- I can’t help it – with all of this snow, I’m already thinking about Christmas decor. I don’t decorate for any other season or holiday really, but I love Christmas. I have a 6-year-old’s birthday party next week so I’ll be waiting until after that at least…but not sure how much longer I can leave that tree in the box! I have done a little bit of shopping to get a head start on things, but I am excited to make a couple of things (go me) and get going on gifts! The birthday party has been so fun to plan with my daughter – she is possibly like her mother in that she drew me a list of everything she wanted for her birthday party and checked off each item as she discussed it with me. Down to the colour of the napkins and punch. She is a little planner! I love it.
- Today was my 1st day of doing a Whole30. Have you ever done one?? I’ve wanted to do it for a couple of years, but was too chicken! Haha I love my carbs. And Nutella. I only have two jars in my pantry right now. So, one day down, 29 to go. My fridge is stocked with a lot of vegetables. Tomorrow I’ll be doing a lot of food prep and making sure I eat before I go pick up my husband’s birthday cake from Dairy Queen…
- We finally bought a new kitchen table. Our old chairs were vinyl and starting to fall apart. I bought a “project” table to refinish, and it turned out to be a bigger project than I was up for, so we ended up just buying a new one. And my husband got to say, “I told you so.” 😉 So, now I have two tables to sell. My DIY skills only go so far! 🙂
- I just got a wedding album in the mail today and I can’t wait to show it off! I’ll be photographing it quickly before I send it off to its new owners!
- I’ve been reading Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People and I feel like it’s sometimes a little hard to get through because every section gives me lightbulb moments and I want to process it before moving on! Love it. I’ve been reading a bit on the treadmill in the mornings. I try to at least warm up doing some walking so I can read (on my iPad)! Or I listen to a podcast.
Hope you had a great October and are looking forward to a new month! 🙂